Monday, February 8, 2010

hair tip of the week


Brassy Hair? Oh no!

Are your blonde locks looking a little dull, brassy or just plain blah?

Purple shampoo! Purple shampoo! Purple shampoo! (imagine some tribe chanting it)

Sounds weird doesn't it ? But it all has to do with opposite colors on the color wheel.

The opposite of yellow is purple/violet and using a purple shampoo/conditioner will effectively neutralize all the yellow/orange (brassy) tones in the hair. And it really DOES work! What it does is deposit a tiny bit of purple pigment in the hair to calm the yellow/orange tones down. It also works for natural blondes; brown or foxy red hair with blonde highlights and even gray or white hair that has some yellow tones.

-Benefits-

-Brightens -violet pigments help to brighten and enhance blonde, gray or white
hair while neutralizing yellow tones
-Hydrates and adds shine
-Cleanses the hair -just like a normal shampoo

-Products that I recommend are-

There are a lot of shampoos out there! Please if you do anything do this- buy PROFESSIONAL! If it's not at a professional salon then dont waste your money and time! Thank you! :)

Here are my favorites:

Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Save Silver Shampoo -my all time fave!

Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Shampoo

Matrix So Silver

-How to use-
Wet hair. Apply to wet hair. Wash your body...pick your nose...shave your legs. Then 3-5 minutes later rinse. Follow with a really good moisturizing conditioner. Enjoy! I use it everytime I wash my hair. (I like my blonde light and bright) Just watch your hair and you'll soon figure out how often you should use.

Now go have fun because blondes just wanna have fun!

3 comments:

babs for now said...

thanks for the advice! I just had to wash my hair though-bad case of bed hair. BUT I did leave the shampoo on longer today.

DeMo said...

Very interesting. I guess it makes sense. Good thing you spent so much time in Mr. O's painting class and learned your colors. ;)

Jennifer Dixon said...

Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog! I LOVE your blogs too! Tons of great info! I enjoy photography as well but I don't think I'm very good at it. I don't have enough time to practice! Keep up the great blogs! I'm a follower now! :)