Monday, February 22, 2010

perfect eyebrows - my favorite!



Really nicely groomed eyebrows turn me on! Like really turn me on! Just look at Megan or Eva or Diane's! Ewwwww-weeee! Those girls are representing the perfect eyebrow and to the fullest!


I have a little story to getting my eyebrows into ship shape. It was a dramatic experience but definitely glad it happened to me! Long story short - went to an interview at a salon right out of hair school. Salon owner said your eyebrows "look like shit!" Whoa! Held the tears back while she showed me how my brows SHOULD look while in front of her staff and some customers. They did look bad. After that I started growing out my brows and I've been a changed woman. Oh and I didn't get the job. Haha!





Here we go...

Top hot tips:

1. to create a subtle arch ONLY tweeze underneath the brow not above. - that was one of my biggest mistakes, doing so takes out your arch!

2. use a stencil to get arch prefect or visit a professional - like me! :) 316-512-4011

3. always fill in your brows and brush upward


Simple Steps To Perfect Eyebrows

Well shaped eyebrows frame your facial features giving you a put together appearance that people notice, even if they can’t identify the cause!

1. Brush brows upward. Carefully trim any excess hair above the top of your natural arch. Be careful not to take off too much at the ends or you'll have brow "bald" spots. Yikes!

2. Look closely at the shape. Your brow should begin at your tear duct, peak at the outer edge of your iris and end at the outer corner of your eye. A lot of us women make the biggest mistake and take of too much on the ends - which makes us look angry! Or we start our brow too far in - makes our eyes appear too far apart! Refer to picture above!

3. Hold a pencil in line with the outer side of your iris and note where the peak of your arch naturally occurs. From the arch to the outer corner of the eye, your brow should fall in a straight or slightly curved line, depending on the look you're trying to achieve.

Musts To Avoid

1. Shaving your brows or covering them with concealer.

2. Dying brow hairs with hair dye yourself. Dye can get into your eyes and cause irritation or death. Ok maybe not death but it could be bad!

3. Brow Tattoos. It never looks natural. Over time, tattoos can also change color slightly or fade. A painful, expensive mistake if you don't like the result or want to change your haircolor in the future. It's sort of like that butterfly tramp-stamp tattoo - you know what I'm talking about. :)

4. Over-plucking! Over-plucking! Over-plucking! Continued over-plucking can cause some of the hairs to stop growing permanently. I was so lucky to have mine grow back!

5. Ragged, un-groomed brows. I get lazy myself and my kind co-workers always kindly tell me! So if you think they can't see them - they can!


Enjoy shaping those brows into turn on mode!! If you need help - call me! I'd love to help you get started!!!

2 comments:

DeMo said...

I just recently started trimming my brows, and it really makes a good difference!

Oh, and I've gotten LOTS of compliments on my "next level!" -- even after all your magic has been washed out and I'm on my own, which means you did a good job. :)

mylittlebecky said...

ugh, yes! over plucking makes me so sad. good post! :)